Welcome to the official website of the Back Channel School of Woodworking.
Located in McKees Rocks, PA, a short drive from downtown Pittsburgh. We offer a variety of classes and opportunities for anybody interested in learning about woodworking.
Upcoming Classes for Winter/Spring 2020
- Basic Cabinetmaking · Saturdays, February 29th to March 28th
- Windsor Chairmaking · Thursdays, March 5th to May 7th
- Setting up Shop · Sunday, March 15th
- Precision with Hand Tools · Saturday & Sunday, April 18th & 19th
- Dressing Up Your Work · Saturday, May 9th
- String Inlay · To be Rescheduled
Details for String Inlay, Precision with Hand Tools, and Dressing Up Your Work to follow
Fall Classes starting September 2020
- Budget Benchmaking · Saturdays & Sundays, September 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th
- Basic Veneering · Mondays and Thursdays, September 14th to October 15th
- Woodworking Fundamentals 2: Shaker Table · Mondays, September 21st to December 7th (Plus Sat. & Sun. September 26th & 27th)
- Woodworking Fundamentals 1 · Tuesdays, September 22nd to December 8th
- Machine Maintenance · Saturday, October 3rd